> going straight to the NEWS
May 20-23: Sound art/field recording – “I’ve heard“ – meetings around memory collection of non-written sources (music, anthropology, radio), documentary production workshop, concerts, shows; with Péroline Barbet, radio director and ethnologist
June 25 – July 4: Performing arts / ritual: Voodoo Holidays, in Faux-la-Montagne and Lavauzelle. Workshops, artistic actions and para-theatrical residency, with the Haitian group “Crossing the barrier”, the Beninese choreographer Vincent Harisdo, and director Pietro Varasso
August 1-13: Immersive summer workshop, body and voice, with Ephia Gburek (body weather), Jorge Parente (voice and body), Sankar and Justyna Rodzinska-Nair (kalaripayatt), and other guests
Welcome The Site for theatre practices is a place intended for workshops, residencies and creation, settled in a former farm in the countryside of Limousin area, central France. Its actions deal with :
– organizing each year an intensive summer workshop.
– proposing exceptional events, as for instance Voodoo Holidays
– leading regular workshops of traditional singing, Polyphonies, in Aubusson and the surroundings of Lavauzelle, culminating with summer sessions
– welcoming residencies/laboratories
Nadège Ametogbe, Limoges, contemporary dance / Voodoo roots, rehearsal "Vodou Lakay", Haïti, ritual performing arts (with Fabrice Nicot) Miléna Kartowski-Aïach, participatory opera, laboratory Bénédicte Le Lamer and Cie B et N, dance/theater with L'Hôte, performance Alexandre Chanoine, plastic / sound arts, with Pierres, performance Claire Newland and Michel Doneda, music / dance, Lisières, laboratory Pascal Laurent, Cie Les visseurs de clous, Theater / puppet, rehearsal U. Horbachevska and JF Favreau, musical theater, Songs of war and the sky, Cie The noise of the grass that grows, Deux-Sèvres, theater, project Prismes Elisa Lécuru, theater, Nantes, with Retour au noir, reheasals Raul Maïa, Portugal/Autriche, dance, with Excitement of our people, rehearsal the company Rising Horses / Louise Vanneste (BE), rehearsal our associated company, the Drunken Man, laboratories and rehearsal
– proposing theatre practice workshops, in Lavauzelle and outside, for professionals adults, and some projects with kids
– being a resource tool for research, around the “organic lineage” in theatre (Grotowski), as well as musical anthropology with the project “A présent” which concerns french traditional music.
– supports the research development of its members (study travels, grants for musical studies, sharing of practices…)
Sign in our facebook page : http://www.facebook.com/SPTLavauzelle
contact : spt [at] lavauzelle.org
The Site for theatre practices Lavauzelle receives support from the municipality of Janaillat, the Sud-Ouest-Creuse district, the Direction of Cultural Affairs of region Nouvelle Aquitaine